Sunday, July 01, 2007

A chip off the old block!

This month we are expecting a lot of family visits, so...Beth wants to spruce things up a bit and do some things we have had on our list but just haven't gotten around to doing. One of those things is to replace the deck flooring. Went out on Saturday and got prices and determined that we could afford it so I came home and Aaron and I started tearing up the floor of the deck. We split the deck in half and started to work. Aaron works a little slower than I do so I was done with the front half before he was done.

I think, If I put the captions in the words that I think were going through Aaron's mind-it might make a little more sense.

"I think this is my best side for this photo"


"There must be a way to do this and not look stupid"


Yeah, that's it...I'll just start from the other side, it can't really be too late to do that, can it?"


"Boy, am I talented or what. Floor? who needs a floor"


"One one board left. Who dah man, now? Think I will just take this crowbar and smash the board from underneath with a strong upward motion"


"The board moved...no really...it moved. You don't think I actually missed it do you? Come on, wha... you think I hit myself?"


Wow, like cool. The Emergency Room!


"You are going to stick that needle into my head?"


"Yeah, I got EIGHT stitches in my head! EIGHT STITCHES? Who is cool now. Jordan only got one or two."




Rest assured Aaron is doing fine. We find that as long as he hits himself in the head, he really can't do much damage. As I have often said, he is a wonderful young man and I love him with all of my heart, but...he isn't the brightest child we raised!

Actually, a number of people have commented that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Give a Bratt a tool and he will undoubtably find a way to hurt himself with it. No it isn't luck - it is talent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least he is not totally like you Ken, if so he would have gotten you and not himself, not like you who got me and dad!!!!!!!!! Do not ask Beth to help you out unless you are inside and a way from any tools. Love ya

Anonymous said...

glad to know that i'm not the only one in the family to self wound himself! nice to see a update finally is this it till aug.? since today is july 1st? how come no one comments on our blogs anymore?

The Mommy said...

I seem to recall one bright summer after noon. The smell of wet septic grass feels the air. Dad Bratt goes out to mow the tall lawn. Grass clogs the lawn mower blade and in stead of shutting off the lawn mower (a waste of time) Dad Bratt Places one hand on the warning sticker (that says, "do not stick hand in here while blade is rotating, idiot") the other hand he sticks into the grass shoot only to find him self in the ER with a tip of his finger missing...Hummm Good times. I think Aaron's accident isn't Too bad. At least he still has all his digits.

Love you all,
Olga, the Swedish Sumo Wrestler.

Heather said...

Aaron, because I know you and I know that this is what you want, I wish you a great scar to show from all this - although, it is on your face, so perhaps not?? Glad you BOTH survived the job. I'm married to a Bratt man myself, and let me tell you -- it comes from something in the gene pool. I cringe whenever Ethan even thinks about putting a tool in his hand!

The Mommy said...

BORING YAWN YAWN YAWN