In the meantime, as of December 1, 2008, I am officially retired from my job. How do I like it you ask...I don't. So, if all goes according to plan I will be beginning a new job with Homeland Security (doing security/background investigations) on the 15th of this month. It is full time and I will be working from my home. I just am not ready to retire yet - I am sure that time will come. Also, I need to re-side and re-roof the house so the job will be allow me to do that. Besides, I am YOUNG!
Today (March 2, 2009) has been very snowy, over a foot so far and it is snowing again. Bored, even though there is a lot I can do around the house, I pulled a box of pictures out and have scanned some into the computer. They are random shots, recent and not-so-recent, but I thought I would post them. I think family members especially, but others who have known the family through the years might enjoy them. I will blog more in the near future. Happy New Year all!

This next picture is taken at my parents home in NC. My Dad is the first one on the left and my mom is holding Ethan and Emily. The woman next to my dad is his sister, Audrey Bratt Nordley and behind her is her husband, Malcolm. Beth is in the front.
This is my mom and dad at our house in Pennsylvania. Next to my mom with his arm around her is her brother, John Aldrich.
Here I am in California - probably around 1977 - not a bad beard, eh?
So, this picture is a little different then the one above. Here is a group shot, Jordan won't like it, I can tell.
Here is Jordan on the Pioneer Trek in 2004. He was awesome, and could pull the wagon by himself if needed. Would you expect anything else from Nephi?
Here he is getting ready for prom - yes, I cut the girl out ...
All the siblings at Ethan's wedding to Heather Bullock in Salt Lake City in December 2002.
I love this picture of my grandson, James Kenneth Brems!
My mother in NC. I miss her.
This was a picture taken at Wallis Sands State Park in NH where Beth Henry (My Beth's niece) and her husband Jeremy Hutchinson were married. Beth and I are at the left, next to Beth is Maureen, Beth's sister-in-law, then Becki, Beth's sister and then Beth's mother Patricia. In back are Todd, Beth's brother and Maureen's husband, Frank Henry, Becki's husband, and Beth's dad - Ken.
Ethan, Emily and Aaron with Santa. Ethan is happy as a clam, Em and Aaron...not so much.
Here they are again. I must apologize to Jordan, I got most of these pictures out of Emily's box so there weren't a lot of Jordan in there. Don't worry, more of Jordan will be coming.
Not sure why I have this one in here twice - but I am leaving it because it will take me forever to find it and remove it.
Ethan and Heather on their wedding day - isn't she cute?
Ethan and I fishing at Lake Winnipesaukee, NH. What a whopper!
Ethan and Aaron
I love this one of Emily - such a lady when she eats.
I could not resist this one. This is Emily practicing "the look". Her husband, Rob, will recognize this look right away.
Sometimes she could really be adorable.
Here is Emily with my father.
And here she is with Aaron, who has his bottle of apple juice. He hardly went anywhere without it.
My granddaughter Eliza and her brother Liam (Ethan and Heather's)
This is a picture of Beth's parents (Center couple) on their wedding day. Next to her dad is his brother Chet, and next to her mom is Chet's wife Georgia.
This is Beth's mother's mother, Bonnie (Nana) Landis.
This is Beth with her father's mother, Grandma Linnie Cannaday.
This is a great action photo of Aaron (on the right with the frog) and his best friend Andy Lane.
And lastly, this is Aaron.
More to come...
This is my mom and dad at our house in Pennsylvania. Next to my mom with his arm around her is her brother, John Aldrich.
Here I am in California - probably around 1977 - not a bad beard, eh?
So, this picture is a little different then the one above. Here is a group shot, Jordan won't like it, I can tell.
Here is Jordan on the Pioneer Trek in 2004. He was awesome, and could pull the wagon by himself if needed. Would you expect anything else from Nephi?
Here he is getting ready for prom - yes, I cut the girl out ...
All the siblings at Ethan's wedding to Heather Bullock in Salt Lake City in December 2002.
I love this picture of my grandson, James Kenneth Brems!
My mother in NC. I miss her.
This was a picture taken at Wallis Sands State Park in NH where Beth Henry (My Beth's niece) and her husband Jeremy Hutchinson were married. Beth and I are at the left, next to Beth is Maureen, Beth's sister-in-law, then Becki, Beth's sister and then Beth's mother Patricia. In back are Todd, Beth's brother and Maureen's husband, Frank Henry, Becki's husband, and Beth's dad - Ken.
Ethan, Emily and Aaron with Santa. Ethan is happy as a clam, Em and Aaron...not so much.
Here they are again. I must apologize to Jordan, I got most of these pictures out of Emily's box so there weren't a lot of Jordan in there. Don't worry, more of Jordan will be coming.
Not sure why I have this one in here twice - but I am leaving it because it will take me forever to find it and remove it.
Ethan and Heather on their wedding day - isn't she cute?
Ethan and I fishing at Lake Winnipesaukee, NH. What a whopper!
Ethan and Aaron
I love this one of Emily - such a lady when she eats.
I could not resist this one. This is Emily practicing "the look". Her husband, Rob, will recognize this look right away.
Here is Emily with my father.
And here she is with Aaron, who has his bottle of apple juice. He hardly went anywhere without it.
My granddaughter Eliza and her brother Liam (Ethan and Heather's)
This is a picture of Beth's parents (Center couple) on their wedding day. Next to her dad is his brother Chet, and next to her mom is Chet's wife Georgia.
This is Beth's mother's mother, Bonnie (Nana) Landis.
This is Beth with her father's mother, Grandma Linnie Cannaday.
This is a great action photo of Aaron (on the right with the frog) and his best friend Andy Lane.
And lastly, this is Aaron.
More to come...
6 comments:
Ha!!!!! We got first comment rights, awesome pics, just so you know Salisbury Beach is in Mass and next door is Hampton Bch which is in NH, but that okay that's what happens when you get older!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this is from your sister not Mike, luv ya
YAY a blog!! I loved the old pictures!! They are so fun to look at. And I love the ones you emailed to us. I'll be showing the first picture of Aaron around to the missionaries out here :). Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! Miss you and good luck with the snow.
YAY...No longer is your last blog about me coming home from my mission...thank goodness. Nice pics of everyone...I see you did some photo shop of me and the "girl that was cut" when we went to Harvest ( not prom but it works since i did go to prom with her too). Look forward to some more pics of the fam....I miss Grammy and Grandpa too...
loved the pictures daddy ken!! and where am i silly?! love you!!
~Nicole
so many memories...how quickly the years have gone by...too quickly...I miss Grammie and Grandpa too...the picture with the frog and Aaron and Andy is a classic, one of my favorites. And the beach wedding was in Rye NH at Wallis Sands State Park AND it is Hutchinson not Hutchins!! Sure hope Jeremy and Beth don't see this =) Love you
Beth
Great pictures! Glad to see a new post. Hope you are well!
Post a Comment