"The Many Faces of Beth"
Although there are literally dozens and dozens of photographs I would like to include, I have limited myself...somewhat (partly because I can't find all the photos I want to use - and partly because it would be even bigger than it is going to be).
So here we go. Beth and I have been married for 36 years (6 days, 16 hours and 35 minutes-but who is counting). It has been a wonderful marriage and I could never have chosen a better, and more wonderful woman to share my life, and hopefully, the eternities with. We have four wonderful children who have brought great joy (mostly) into our lives, a beautiful daughter-in-law, an equally wonderful son-in-law, and three of the best, no, the three best grandchildren in the whole universe!
Thank you Beth for seeing me through so much and for staying by my side - through good times (we have had some, and through bad times - oh yeah, we've had some of those too). I love you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
What I have tried to do here is just show Beth in her many different roles. There really isn't any order to them, I will try to date them as well as i can. Hope you enjoy.
This is 1971 at the Washington D.C. Zoo. We hadn't even been married a year.

Here we are at Christmas time-it is either 1971 or 1972.

Here is Nana with Eliza - I think her most favorite role in life is "Nana"
Another favorite, this is Beth just before she decided that no way was she going up in this foolish thing!
Lucky Santa!
Teaching Ethan how to swim at the Tunkhannock H.S. pool
With my mom and Dad (and Aaron on the bottom) at Christmas.
Another one of my favorites - what a hottie! This is in Florida.
In N.J. with Ethan
The whole Cannaday Clan at Dover, NH
Beth with her sister and mother at Epcot.
At the science museum - looks good in a bubble.
These two are at the wedding of her niece, Bethany, in 2000
With my Dad (yes, I did that to dad, but he should not have stood so close to my hammer - 10 yards is too close!) That is Emily (with the face) and Aaron.
The family with my mom and dad and with my sister Susan and her little boy Christian in N.C.
Beth and her sister Becki.
Beth and Jordan at one of his middle school meets.
I love these pictures. Jordan won a go-kart from the local hardware store. Here is Beth taking Aaron and Jordan for rides on it through a massive mud puddle in our driveway in Pennsylvania.
If you are going to stick your tongue out - someone just might take a picture.
Same day, without the tongue stuck out.
The family.
A trip to Niagara Falls.
Niagara Falls - nice hair!

"Dorothy" from the Wizard of Oz, a Halloween Party at the Ward in NJ - not sure when but it had to be before 1987.
Dorothy holding the "princess" - yes, who else but Emily.
Beth with her father and mother and sister Becki at Bethany's wedding.
This may be my favorite picture of all time. Returning from Saudi Arabia in 1991 - this is taken at Ft. Dix, NJ
Hope you enjoyed the pictures, I loved looking through them and reliving some wonder moments. Again, Happy Birthday, Baby-and many more to come.
5 comments:
Ken - based on your Online flirting - - I don't know that Beth needs to have the note on her...
I personally love how you flirt & compliment your wife...
All wives should be as appreciated, admired, and adored by their husbands. (Mine is slowly learning...)
What a wonderful tribute to Beth.
Beth - happiest of Birthday's to you!!
Dad!
Great post!! I love looking at all the old pictures and can't wait until Rob gets home so I can show them all to him too. It brought back some great memories. And that Grandpa Bratt hit I can still remember even though I was younger than I thought when it happened. Happy birthday mom!! Wish I was there and hope you enjoy your special day. I love you so much!
Happy Birthday Mom! Ever since we called, Eliza's been walking around the house singing you happy birthday to herself. She has also announced to my folks that today was your birthday - so, they would like me to pass along happy birthday wishes to you as well.
I have to admit, this was an AWESOME Post! I loved seeing all the old pictures and having Ethan tell me stories as he looked at the pictures. You know, I used to wonder where Aaron got his features, but Dad, I see Aaron in younger pictures of you like there is no tomorrow. That one of you and Mom on Christmas morning, hello, Aaron!
Thanks for the fun post. I loved the pictures - keep those up!
Love you guys!
Are you guys Pregnant??? "Baby, many more to come." HELLO!!!! Aren't you too old for...um...that kind of sex stuff??? EWWW!! Happy Birthday Beth. It was fun looking at the pictures and My friend, you haven't aged one bit. Holy cow (not a weight thing) You look great.
Olga
happy birthday beth and also this one and the veterans day posts are both great posts ken good job!
Post a Comment